The Geography and Education Research Group (GeogEd) of the Royal Geographical Society organised an online event to enable the geography and education community to support one another with some of the challenges the area is experiencing within the current context.
Keynote: ‘Geography Education in the Digital World’ by Grace Healy (University College London) & Nicola Walshe (Anglia Ruskin University)
Please find the link to the keynote here.
Please find the link to notes from the discussion groups below:
- Creating a sense of community in a blended and/or online space: Induction and beyond (Facilitated by Ruth Healey)
- Designing and delivering online curriculum (Facilitated by Harry West)
- Respecting the person in geography education: Considering children’s geographies and geographies of education in schools and HE (Facilitated by Lauren Hammond)
- Accessible and inclusive approaches to online teaching (Facilitated by Claire Jarvis & Cath White)
- Approaches to fieldwork in the context of a pandemic (Facilitated by Derek France)